Chances are, most of you are unaware of the benefits of dry skin brushing-much less heard of it! This is such a beneficial habit to get into and it only takes a couple of minutes each day. Benefits of dry skin brushing are immense! It exfoliates tons of dead skin, helps to remove toxins from the body as it stimulates the lymphatic system, reduces cellulite, unclogs pores, and it just simply feels great! It’s yet another way I detox my body on a daily basis. I like to add sesame oil to my brush as this helps moisturize dry skin as you exfoliate!
I dry skin brush almost every morning (right after I make my warm lemon cayenne water)and here’s how you do it:
- Remove clothes and step in the shower
- Take a natural bristle brush (important) and begin to brush your skin, starting with your feet and work your way up, in long strokes – no scrubbing
- Work your way up your body, always brushing towards the heart (you can increase pressure as you get used to this)
- Brush your stomach in a large clockwise motion
- Spend a few minutes doing this and then rinse off! I alternate the water between hot and cold to further stimulate my circulatory system (plus it wakes me up!)
I recommend y’all try this and promise you won’t be disappointed. It feels super amazing and it’s the best way to exfoliate your skin, which is the body’s largest organ! Let me know what y’all think or if you have any questions feel free to ask. Go get brushing!
**Note: please wash the brush once per week with either shampoo or my fav: Dr. Bronner’s soap and let air dry.