I have another curry recipe – differing slightly from this one because it’s always fun to explore new ways to make things! This recipe uses chicken breasts instead of thighs and I added extra heat with Muchi curry powder and also threw in extra veggies in the form of riced cauliflower. Also check out my shrimp curry recipe too!
INGREDIENTS – serves about 6
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (I get full fat, 365 brand from Whole Foods)
- 1.5-2 tbsp Muchi Curry seasoning (this one has cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 tbsp plain curry powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp organic puréed ginger (or fresh ginger, peeled and grated)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt, pepper to taste
Heat olive oil over medium high in a large pot and saute your onions, garlic, and veggies. Add a pinch of salt and some pepper. Saute for about 5-8 minutes, before adding your remaining seasonings and also puréed ginger. Now add your chicken breasts and give everything a good stir. After about 10 minutes, add the tomato paste and tomatoes. Cook for about 20-25 minutes before adding the coconut milk last; stir until combined. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until ready for serving.
Serve with Jasmine rice or quinoa and top with fresh cilantro.