This week I am actually thawing out LEFTOVERS from Christmas for lunches! We have turkey chili on the menu, as well as prime rib beef stew. Hearty, warming, delicious, and perfect for these cold winter weeks we’ve been having! These two recipes ARE SO EASY and you will have plenty of meals from them. If you don’t have leftover turkey or prime rib, you could always replace the turkey in the turkey chili recipe with chicken breasts and use beef stew meat for the prime rib stew (just brown the meat first, and add it similarly to how I added it in the recipe).
Breakfasts will be apple cinnamon baked oatmeal, and more berry baked oatmeal, as well as lemon cake waffles! I have Siggi’s plain yogurt to top if I want, as well as the Seven Stars Farm yogurt (that I talk about quite often). My only complaint about the Seven Stars Farm yogurt is the protein is lower than Siggi’s…and the sugar is a tad higher. However, it doesn’t have any added sugars so it’s still an excellent choice and it’s been rated 5 stars/excellent when it comes to “healthy yogurts”!
DINNER is the most amazing, spicy buffalo cauliflower chicken casserole. Seriously obsessed with this dish – you’ve got to try it!! You could leave out the goat cheese if you wanted it to be completely dairy free, also! I made a huge dish of this and we will eat on it all week!
- Turkey chili
- Prime rib beef stew
- Apple cinnamon baked oatmeal
- Lemon cake waffle
- Buffalo cauliflower chicken casserole
- Lara bars on hand for quick snack
- Chomp sticks on hand (purchase these at Trader Joe’s for $1.69!)
- Chopped organic celery
- Applegate sliced turkey breast
- Perfect Bars
- Organic apples
- Lundberg plain rice cakes
- Protein powders + this one too
- Organic peanut butter – I get Smucker’s brand
- Almond butter (I get mine at Trader Joe’s because it’s cheapest!)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Bagged organic arugula and cabbage/kale for quick salads
- Sweet potatoes
I am working on creating a perfect protein bar for you guys! It will be almond butter or peanut butter and I promise to get on that this week.