It’s a rainy Monday here in Birmingham, AL and tonight is the ALABAMA National Championship game! I am so excited to watch and very hopeful that we win. Also on the menu today is this amazing dish! It’s SO CREAMY AND DELICIOUS and gluten free! I can’t wait to eat on this all week. It’s also very low carb considering the only carbs come from the cauliflower – which is minimal. This is similar to another buffalo cauliflower chicken recipe I have made before…find that one HERE.
INGREDIENTS – serves 8
- 4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded/torn into bits
- 3 heads of cauliflower, chopped into florets, roasted
- 1 can light coconut milk, organic
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 3/4 cup hot sauce depending on your preference for spicy – Frank’s plain (important) red hot is a good, clean brand (label should say peppers, vinegar, salt and nothing else..other good brand is Louisiana hot sauce)
- 1/2 cup green onions + more for garnish
- Paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper
Preheat oven to 415. Slice your chicken breasts in half and bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
Now prep your cauliflower. Cut it into florets and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder. Roast until crispy – about 30 minutes, at same temperature of chicken. Remove the chicken from the oven and you can let the cauliflower continue to bake and get crispy.
Now take a large bowl and pour in the coconut milk and add the goat cheese. Add about 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Next use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients. Stir in the green onions. At this point the cauliflower should be nice and crispy so combine everything together in a large baking dish – about 11×9 – and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
Garnish with extra green onions and enjoy!