After Christmas we had so much leftover meat we decided to make turkey chili with the turkey! Turkey chili is absolutely delicious – and loaded with flavor! It’s super simple to make! I prefer mine a little spicy so I add jalapeno peppers and don’t remove the seeds. If you prefer a little less heat you can take the seeds out. Just be careful and wash hands thoroughly afterwards.
Here is my super easy recipe!!! It’s perfect for meal prep!!
INGREDIENTS – makes 8 servings
- 2 lb leftover shredded or chopped roasted turkey
- 1 28 oz can diced organic tomatoes
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced and seeds KEPT! (Spicy)
- 2-3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (no salt)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (no salt)
- 32 ounces organic, free range chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp (or more) SMOKED paprika (smoked is so much better than plain paprika!)
- 1/4 tsp (or to your liking) red pepper flakes
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder – to taste
Take a large pot and heat either 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil over medium high heat. Add your onions and garlic and saute a few minutes.
Next, add all of your peppers and continue to saute another 5 minutes or so, before adding your seasonings.
Next, add your canned tomatoes, chicken stock, turkey, and beans and add additional water if needed. Bring to a boil and reduce and let simmer about 30 minutes on medium-low heat. Add additional salt and pepper here if needed.
Enjoy with fresh sliced avocado and cilantro!