As I was cleaning the kitchen this morning and getting ready to fix breakfast, I was contemplating a new oatmeal bake recipe. When I realized we had apples, I thought that would be DELICIOUS to throw in baked oats! So this recipe is very similar to my other oatmeal bakes – and just as easy!
INGREDIENTS – makes about 4-6 servings.
- 2 cups dry old fashioned oats (I choose organic brands or Trader Joe’s gluten free oats)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans or more
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 apples, rinsed and chopped fine (I used pink lady)
- 1/4 cup raisins or chopped medjool dates
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used canned, organic Whole Foods brand; feel free to try unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I love Ceylon cinnamon)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 375. Put your dry ingredients in a large bowl and combine well. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and add the remaining wet ingredients to the eggs, stir to combine. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry before lastly mixing in the chopped apples. Pour into a small glass baking dish – mine is 11×6 – greased with Kerrygold butter.
Bake for 30 mins – or until center feels firm. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Top with organic plain yogurt, optional. My personal fav is Seven Star Farms
Comment below and let me know if you guys made this and what you thought!