Happy new year guys!!!! New year…new goals. I have so many exciting things planned for this year! One of them is starting to push my new brand, Trainer Kelly, and soon I will be launching a new website. I will still have my DIRT CLEAN KITCHEN as the kitchen part of my brand, however, everything will be listed under Trainer Kelly – so stay tuned!
I have decided to share with you guys each week what I am cooking, the recipes I am using, and the grocery list! I do a lot of the same foods each week because I have found what works best for my body. However, my dinners and lunches change often (usually breakfast is consistenly protein waffles or eggs or baked oatmeal). With today being a holiday and a shorter week I will adjust portions as needed. However I believe if you stick to making what I make each week you will see a pattern and begin to develop your own favorite habits, routines, meals, etc.
Below is a list of the meals I am making for the week. I just finished making the spicy chicken soup and the pizza pie is next up on the list. I plan to load it down with mushrooms and spinach. Also, these are my main meals but that does not mean I won’t make extra sides such as roasted Brussels or cauliflower or something.
GROCERY LIST – MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING
- 1 large spaghetti squash (or 2-3 small), 1 container of spinach, 2 red bell pepper, 1-2 green bell peppers, 1 bunch bananas, 2 white onions, 1 jalapeño pepper, 5 lemons, 1 bunch bok choy, 4 or more sweet potatoes, 1 pack mushrooms, garlic, organic celery, Dino kale, avocados (topping the soup!)
- 1 lb grassfed beef, 1 lb spicy italian sausage, 4 chicken breasts
- 1-2 cans of organic natural pizza sauce
- 1 32 oz chicken stock, low sodium organic
- 1 bag frozen berries
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 dozen eggs (I get pasture raised organic)
- 1 container vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 bag chia seeds
- 1 bag chopped pecans
- Almond butter and organic peanut butter (staples!)
- Grassfed butter
- Seven Star Farms yogurt (if you do dairy) OR Siggi’s PLAIN yogurt (for topping oatmeal bake)
- 1 bag plain rice cakes, Lundberg brand is my fav
- Other snacks: Lara Bars, Chomps snack sticks
TIPS AND TRICKS
Figure out how many days you need to have meals (and for how many people.
For example I usually prep for myself and my bf). If it’s just you, you could do 1 batch of the waffles and one batch of the berry bake and that would give you more than enough breakfasts for the week! Leftovers? This soup would freeze really well so if you have leftovers, you can always stick it in a freezer bag and save for the next week!
Buy extra veggies and roast a tray at dinner time for appetizer – any veggie will do. Find your favs and get to cooking! I personally love roasted cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, mushrooms and carrots.
Don’t forget to follow me on instagram where I share lots of things daily! @_trainerkelly