Ok so this waffle may not taste like a Waffle House waffle…but the purpose isn’t for a sugary, sweet breakfast. The purpose is to have a nourishing breakfast in the form of a waffle! I actually think the waffle tastes amazing and I am obsessed as most of you know who follow me regularly…I have been eating one almost daily! But some of you whose taste buds have not yet acquired the new “clean eating” tastebuds…may not find it tasty. So I suggest you cut the sugar out of your diet and your tastebuds will slowly evolve to LOVE THIS WAFFLE! Because it’s sooooo great, clean, filling, you catch my drift…
INGREDIENTS FOR TWO WAFFLES! 2 breakfast servings.
- 3 whole eggs (I prefer organic pasture raised. Vital Farms is a great brand)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (I get organic bob’s red mill usually)
- 1/4 cup of water (about…I don’t measure..I just splash…)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Pumpkin pie spice OR cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Vanilla Plant Protein Sport OR other vanilla protein powder of choice (Ascent is a good brand or Bodylogix or SFH )
Get a waffle maker! Plug it in. Spray with coconut or olive oil spray (but please not Pam! I try to find the kind without “propellant” or natural flavor junk…will post pic of the kind I get). Coconut oil spray or avocado oil spray also good!
Blend all ingredients in a blender! Pour into waffle maker – but careful not to overflow. Cook 3 mins and remove. Spray waffle maker before each waffle.
BAM THAT IS IT!
Enjoy topped with pure maple syrup or pecans or almond butter or grassfed butter. I have done all of the above before…LOL! Also delish when you add fresh blueberries or strawberries. Always try to purchase organic strawberries as they’re on dirty dozen.