OMG. These burgers are the best ever you guys! I love a burger just like anyone else but I don’t love the non-grassfed versions with random ingredients. I prefer to make them myself at home where I can control all the ingredients and buy high quality meat and toppings. This burger is perfect for special occasions! I love to wrap with organic Romaine lettuce and add some fresh red onion and the yogurt mint sauce is SO REFRESHING.
Sides are endless! You could do my sweet potato fry recipe or mashed cauliflower or brussels and bacon (with or without the bacon!).
This meal will serve 4 people. Or have two nights of burgers for 2 people!
HERE WE GO!
- 1 lb fresh ground lamb (or beef)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt, pepper, to taste
- coconut oil, for cooking
- Organic romaine lettuce (wrapping the burger)
- Red onion (topping; sliced)
- A few fresh, organic spinach leaves
- Against the Grain gourmet burger buns (optional, if you prefer to have a bun instead of just lettuce wrap!)
FOR THE YOGURT MINT SAUCE:
- 1 small container of plain full fat or nonfat Greek yogurt (I like organic)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 1 handful chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced well
Take your meat and add the salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix well and form into 4 patties.
Now, heat some coconut oil in a cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add your burgers and cook about 4 minutes per side (I like mine almost medium rare – a little pink – but cook as long as you like).
Serve the burger in a piece of rinsed romaine lettuce and top with red onion and yogurt mint sauce and sides of choice! Yum!
A few pictures below of my burger variations. If you want a bun, the only buns I have found that I love and eat that are gluten free are the Against the Grain brand and you can find them at Whole Foods. I will take them out of the freezer and let thaw for 30 minutes and lightly toast them in the cast iron pan – hot- with a touch of grassfed butter right after I cook the burgers. (My spicy kale recipe can be found HERE.)