OMG this is so good and spicy. It totally seems like junk food but it’s NOT! Once again, the beauty of my lifestyle and finding clean ways to prepare food. This recipe is loaded with veggies, chicken, and a little bit of pure blue cheese just to spice things up a bit. I don’t always eat cheese, in fact, it’s a very rare occurrence. So this recipe every now and then does not affect my stomach negatively! Moderate amounts of a “clean”/”pure” dairy works well for me.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3/4 cup Hot sauce of choice (Frank’s red hot is good or I used a jalapeño organic from Whole Foods – very spicy!)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (more or less if you’d like)
- 1/2 cup Olive oil or more if needed
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Get a large mixing bowl and put the olive oil along with hot sauce and tomato paste and the spices. Toss the cauliflower in the mixture and then place in a large glass baking dish – bake for 30 minutes.
- While this is baking, put your chicken in the bowl with the rest of the seasoning/hot sauce and coat well.
- When cauliflower is done cooking, mix the (raw) chicken in with the baking dish with the cooked cauliflower and continue to bake for another 15 minutes. Lastly, add your blue cheese and put back in the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with the freshly chopped green onion! Serves about 6.