A perfect lunch for the week! Or dinner. And it’s so easy.
- 6+ chicken breasts (as many as 10; cut into cubes OR you can shred it at the end)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Spices: 1-2 tbsp curry powder, 1-2 tsp garam masala, 1tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp paprika, dash of chili powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste
- For sauce thickener and to be added at the end: arrowroot powder and water
Put everything in your crock-pot and turn on and cook on setting of choice. I did high for 6 hours. When finished, remove the chicken breasts from the crock-pot and place in bowl and shred with two forks (or you can cut it up in cubes beforehand and have cubed chicken). Now take arrowroot powder and mix with water according to package directions and stir in – this will thicken the sauce. Now add your chicken back to the crock-pot.
Serves well with white rice.