It’s funny that I planned this recipe for this week despite realizing that it’s Cinco de Mayo week as well! I love a big bowl of veggies and meat and that is what this is. I also love spicy food/Hispanic food, so this also falls into that category as well. Enjoy this recipe with my Perfect Guacamole on top!
- 2 lb meat (spicy chorizo sausage, removed from casing, please purchase from reputable farmer or Whole Foods; you can also use some grass-fed beef if you’d like)
- 1 head organic Romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1/2 lb Asparagus, steamed lightly for 8 minutes and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- sea salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder (eyeball these-to taste, dashes of each will do)
- Perfect Guacamole for topping, optional (or plain avocado and fresh cilantro)
- Organic salsa, for topping
- 1 cup cooked organic Jasmine rice (optional – follow cooking instructions for the rice on package)
Heat some oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Saute your diced onion, then add your meat. Brown your meat until it’s no longer pink and add all your spices and fresh lime juice. Meanwhile, get your lettuce ready by rinsing the leaves and patting them dry. Cut them into pieces and place in bowls.
Almost done! Now just scoop some of your already cooked rice, meat and onions mixture, steamed chopped asparagus, guacamole, salsa and enjoy!!!
1 thought on “Paleo Pork Bowl”