I love getting in and out of the gym efficiently while also having a KILLER workout. I love anything that’s super challenging, causes me to sweat like crazy, heart pound, and anything that makes me really sore the next day. Below I list a few of my favorite full body exercises that you can group together for rounds of 3-7 and create your own circuit workout! I recommend taking 1-2 weighted, and mixing in 1-2 bodyweight exercises, deciding how many reps you want to do and how many sets total (aim for 3-5 at least or totaling 20+ mins for nonstop HIIT), minimize your rest and BAM! You’ve got a killer workout! Switch the order, weight, reps weekly for constant change. Workouts should NEVER be boring! You just have to use your brain and get creative!
I will group the exercises into bodyweight and weighted so you can mix and match to your liking! #letsworkout
- Mountain climbers (for added challenge do these on medicine ball, sets of 50 reps+ )
- Hand release pushups (HRPU)
- Squat jumps
- High knees
- Hand stand pushups (slightly more challenging, but work at them and you’ll get it! Watch this helpful video on technique)
- Toe taps on box/bench (something relatively short in height, around 1 to 1.5 feet tall)
- Pushups (tricep, regular or decline-feet elevated on a bench makes it harder!)
- Box jumps
- Lunge jumps
- Kettlebell swings (ladies, 35# at least! men, go heavier!)
- Power cleans (these work your entire back and it’s awesome cardio – add these ASAP to your workouts)
- Thrusters (use dumbbells or barbell)
- Weighted squat jumps
- Weighted lunge jumps (hold a light 10-20# kettlebell in front of your body and do them)
- clean + press
- Walking lunges holding plate overhead
So there you go! Also feel free to incorporate ROWING (300-500 meters) in your circuit too as well as running. I know if you are like me and hate to run for long boring distances, you can include 400 meters (1/4 mile) in your workouts and then when you repeat the circuit 4+ times, you’ve done over a mile! These are awesome ways to get your heart rate UP and to burn tons of calories while also toning your body! Try them out and let me know what you think!
Don’t forget to check my workouts tab as well as I post all of my workouts there on a weekly basis. #trainhard y’all!